Monday, September 18, 2006

In Pain!

The kids and I went into town Saturday after lunch. We were stopped at the redlight, when WHAM!.. The lady behind us, hit us so hard that her 94 Lincoln now looks like an accordian. The hatchback of my Stationwagon(Saturn) is not too bad.But it's hard to open and close. Her airbags deployed. Mine did not. The police said that was because I was hit in the rear. Jonah and I were hurt. Kristen was in the back seat and is fine. We all were wearing seatbelts. My left ankle is swollen ( still is), and Jonah's right arm is bruised. Both of our backs are hurting... We went to the hospital right after the wreck....The lady that hit us ( between 35 and 40 years old) did not have a drivers license. When I asked her if it had just expired, or she had lost it, She told me she never had one.. She was driving her elderly mother's vehicle..
Anyway...... This lady gave us a WHOP!.. I am so sore.. I can hardly walk around. They X-rayed my ankle, but not my back.... I may have to have them do that... I know that people who have been in accidents hurt for a few days, even if there are no permanant injuries, But ..Man!.. This hurts.... I feel like I have been run over by a freight train....lol

Thank God, we were able to walk away from this accident.. I don't mean to complain..... but I guess I had to get this anger and hurt out someway... and since it seems uncivilized to cry and rant and scream... I thought I would just type it out... Couldn't hurt.. right?

Well... I do have uninsured motorist, If the mothers company decides they don't have to pay because they didn't have the woman as a listed driver.. I'll keep you up to date.....
Please keep us in your prayers...Jonah is doing better.. Just really sore too...

2 comments:

Mermaid Melanie said...

oh i am so sorry to hear this sweetie. I am so happy that your children werent hurt more seriously. Happy to konw that you work for an insurance company and will be compensated no matter what the outcome is because of this drivers negligence.

its never a good day when you are in an accident. And your car at least wont be undrivable, and actually can be fixed.

sighs. you are being thought of with healing vibes. :huggles to your kids and you:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, Steph! :-( I'm glad you all managed to walk away. Accidents are so traumatic! I hope there were no permanent injuries to you or your kids and that you have complete healing...will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers. (((STEPH)))