Thursday, October 11, 2007

Jack-o’-Lantern Pizza


With Halloween in a couple of weeks, the kids parties are all around.. Here is a pizza recipe my kids want me to make. I thought I would share it with you.

Kristen went to a Pajama Party at church last night and Jonah went with our Youth to "Fields Of Faith". He said there were over 860 at our local small high school there. That's alot of kids..


I hope all of you are planning some fun fall festivities with your kids.. One reason I love the fall, is because of all the neat things going on..

Have a great Day..

Bunches of hugs.....


Jack-o’-Lantern Pizza



1 pound lean ground beef
1 cup Old El Paso® salsa (any variety)
3/4 Green Giant® Niblets® frozen whole kernel corn
1/4 cup water
2 cups Original Bisquick® mix
1/3 cup very hot water
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 cups shredded Colby-Monterey Jack or Cheddar cheese (8 ounces)


Toppings, such as orange and green bell pepper strips, sliced ripe olives and cherry tomato wedges, if desired


1. Move oven rack to lowest position. Heat oven to 450ºF. Grease 12-inch pizza pan. Cook beef in 10-inch skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until brown; drain. Stir in salsa, corn and 1/4 cup water. Heat to boiling; remove from heat.



2. Mix Bisquick, 1/3 cup hot water and the oil until soft dough forms; beat vigorously 20 strokes. Let stand 5 minutes. Press dough in pizza pan, using fingers dipped in Bisquick; pinch edge to form 1/2-inch rim. Spread beef mixture over dough. Sprinkle with cheese.



3. Bake 11 to 15 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted. Arrange Toppings on pizza to form jack-o’-lanterns.

5 comments:

Cheryl Wray said...

How CRAZY CUTE is that?? I LOVE it!!!!!! We always do a Halloween meal at home and I may justhave to do that as our entree!!!

LZ Blogger said...

Too cute! ~ jb///

Tracy said...

Love this idea! TFS!

Monogram Queen said...

I love how it looks but my family hates bell pepper and that kinda nixes that idea :( Tres' cute though!

Daisy said...

This not only looks cute, it looks yummy luscious. I may have to try this!!! I found you through Patticake's sight.