Wednesday, December 12, 2007

no Snow......

It's raining here and no snow.. but I hear that some other states are having Ice Storms... The last bad Ice Storm we had was in February of 1994. I was VERY pregnant with my son.. We had to stay at the office, because there was no power at our home for about a week or so.. I feel for those going through that right now.. I hope that the roads clear for you..
Today has been a day, and it's not even lunchtime yet..

I sure hope it gets better.. I'll be glad when the weekend gets here, because hen I can be with my family. We want to do some Christmas things, like making cookies, wrapping presents, going to see Christmas Lights.
last Saturday, we all went to the Mall in Tupelo. I tell you.. It was so crowded.. We did have fun, but my feet were so tired by the end of the day.
The stuff at the Mall is expensive.... We didn't buy too much there.. Well, that is except my husband, who bought Kristen some clothes she really wanted at this place called "Body Central".. While they were shopping there, Jonah and I were looking in Sears and JC Penney.
We also saw a Magic show, and My husband bought Jonah a Magic kit for Christmas.. He is preparing a show for us now..lol

The kids get off the 19th.. My husband is taking the week of Christmas off, and I will be off a couple of days... I just hope we don't get iced in.. I hate being cooped up on days that I am off work..

Happy holidays and Merry Christmas!

Bunches of hugs.......







7 comments:

Cheryl Wray said...

It has been HOT here!!! Like yesterday it was 83 degrees!! Which probably means that cold weather is on its way soon...LOL

Bare said...

I SO remember that ice storm! I was out of school for about a week, and loved it! Although, I do feel bad for those who aren't kids/teenagers, and truly are suffering without power and such.

I've only been to the mall once since the "Christmas Season" began. Thank goodness, that all (but one present) of my shopping is done!

*Hugs*

Unknown said...

One more day before the weekend!

Blessings and much shalom for a grand holiday season.

Monogram Queen said...

I hope y'all have a wonderful week-end together and don't get bad weather.
We plan on looking at lights also. I wish I could make some cookies but in my postage-stamp kitchen it just ain't gonna happen!

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Hi Mississippi Songbird,
It's nice to know that you and your family are not affected by the terrible snow storms ravaging some of the midwest states in the US. I hope you will have a mild weather until winter is over. Merry Christmas to you and your family. May you all enjoy the very best of the holiday season. God bless. Thanks and have a warm and cozy day.

rebecca said...

oh i hope you have a lovely few days off with your family. and i hope you keep us abreast of how the rest of your family is doing. been sending my prayers.

xo

LZ Blogger said...

I am also taking Christmas week off too! But we do have snow here. You'll see it on my next post (real soon). ~ jb///