Sunday, February 10, 2008
Sunday Blog Post..Part Two....Seven Famous People!
I've been tagged by Pam at Pam's Ponderings to tell about seven famous people that I have met.. So here goes.....
1. Stefanie Powers - When I was a little girl in Oxford ,Ms.. She was in the play, Oliver at Ole Miss, and she came in the restaurant where we were eating after one of the rehearsal's. She was very nice. I was very proud that we had the same name( but her's was spelled funny..lol)
2. Jeannie C Riley - She was playing at a night club called REDS in Houston,Texas and I got to sing backup with her on one of her songs(Harper Valley PTA) This was when I was around 19 years old..
3.Sylvia -Sylvia is best known for her crossover hit "Nobody", which reached #15 Pop and #1 Country in 1982. The song earned her a gold record certification and a Grammy Award nomination for Best Female Country Vocal Performance. I was in a talent show in Baytown ,Texas and I talked to her several
times backstage, during the show..She was a guest MC for the show.
4. Donny & Marie Osmond - I got their autograph right here on a picture on my desk. I'm looking at it right now..lol
5. Frank Stallone - I met him in 1990, when I went on a trip to Washington, DC. He came in a restaurant that I was in... He sat at the table with me and three of my friends that had come with me..(Yes, This is Sylvester's brother..)
6. Glenn Shorrock - The leader of the Little River Band..You've heard this before..lol..
7. John Grisham - Yes, I have an autographed copy of "The Firm". He came to our local Rotary club luncheon, and spoke to us. He was very interesting. He is from Oxford,Ms.
Thanks, Pam for tagging me. This has been fun,going down memory lane..lol
Now, I am going to tag all of my blogroll.. It would be fun to collectivly, see who has met who..
Have fun with it..I'll look forward to reading about all the famous CLOSE ENCOUNTERS!
Bunches of hugs!