Sunday, February 10, 2008

Sunday Blog Post..Part Two....Seven Famous People!



I've been tagged by Pam at Pam's Ponderings to tell about seven famous people that I have met.. So here goes.....

1. Stefanie Powers - When I was a little girl in Oxford ,Ms.. She was in the play, Oliver at Ole Miss, and she came in the restaurant where we were eating after one of the rehearsal's. She was very nice. I was very proud that we had the same name( but her's was spelled funny..lol)
2. Jeannie C Riley - She was playing at a night club called REDS in Houston,Texas and I got to sing backup with her on one of her songs(Harper Valley PTA) This was when I was around 19 years old..
3.Sylvia -Sylvia is best known for her crossover hit "Nobody", which reached #15 Pop and #1 Country in 1982. The song earned her a gold record certification and a Grammy Award nomination for Best Female Country Vocal Performance. I was in a talent show in Baytown ,Texas and I talked to her several 
times backstage, during the show..She was a guest MC for the show.
4. Donny & Marie Osmond - I got their autograph right here on a picture on my desk. I'm looking at it right now..lol
5. Frank Stallone - I met him in 1990, when I went on a trip to Washington, DC. He came in a restaurant that I was in... He sat at the table with me and three of my friends that had come with me..(Yes, This is Sylvester's brother..)
6. Glenn Shorrock - The leader of the Little River Band..You've heard this before..lol..
7. John Grisham - Yes, I have an autographed copy of "The Firm". He came to our local Rotary club luncheon, and spoke to us. He was very interesting. He is from Oxford,Ms.


Thanks, Pam for tagging me. This has been fun,going down memory lane..lol
Now, I am going to tag all of my blogroll.. It would be fun to collectivly, see who has met who..
Have fun with it..I'll look forward to reading about all the famous CLOSE ENCOUNTERS!
Bunches of hugs!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow you have met quite a few interesting people.I enjoyed reading your meme. I hope you have a wonderful week full of God's Blessings. Love ya. Lisa

Unknown said...

I think I would have to stretch a bit to come up with 7 famous people.

Karen H. said...

Good Morning Stephanie,
Wow, how neat that you got to meet so many famous people. I have seen Donny Osmond and his brothers in concert many, many moons ago. But, I never got to meet them. It was an awesome concert tho. I used to have a picture of Donny with his autograph on it in a picture frame. LOL. I had the hots for him so bad back in the day. LOL. I remember you telling us about Jeannie C. Riley and Glenn Shorrock from a previous post. Okay I'm going to let you know that I don't know who Frank Stallone is. Is he related to Sylvester Stallone by any chance? I would really like to meet John Grisham as well. I really love his book/movie "A PAINTED HOUSE". I would do the tag, but I haven't met anyone famous before. LOL. Well actually I have years ago and it was Bill Clinton when he was Govenor of Arkansas. I even got to have my picture made with him. But, that's about it. When you have time, stop by. I have something for you on my today's post. Take care my friend and have a great day. May God Bless You and Yours.

Love & Hugs,
Karen H.

hippo chick said...

So, you have an author on your famous list also. Singing with Jeannie C. Riley - you go girl!

Thanks for playing. Have a blessed day.

Renie Burghardt said...

Hi Stephanie,

You have met a lot more famous people than I! How fun. I did meet Frank Sinatra Jr, and someone that isn't that famous, except locally, a lovely news commentator from KAIT TV in Jonesboro, Diana Davis. She invited me for an interview two years ago. So I met her, and was on TV with her! I was scared, but she put me at ease.

I enjoyed your famopus people! Hope you're gaving a good week, so far.

Hugs,

Renie

Alice said...

I'm sure you're way too young to have met William Faulkner but didn't he live in Oxford, Ms, at one point in his life? I wonder if you have friends of friends or relatives who did know him.

Mississippi Songbird said...

Alice,
Yes,there are some people at my church that are kin folk of his..lol
I live in Falkner, Ms ,which they said was named in some way after him or his father, though the spelling is different..

Anonymous said...

How awesome! :o)

Thanks for the tag. Now that I have a scanner again, I'm finally going to do a page regarding "brushes with greatness." *grin*

Have a great week!!!

Cheryl Wray said...

That was a great list! How fun!!!!