Thursday, September 11, 2008

I haven't forgotten how it felt that day....






I haven't forgotten how that September morning felt..
My momma was at my house, visiting with us for a few weeks.
I was getting dressed for work, and Mom and I were drinking morning coffee.. We had the TV on.... We were actually watching th Today Show, like millions of households were...
I was headed out the door for work.. Momma said she would keep watching and let me know something when I got to work.
When I got to work, My co-worker Tracy and I were listening to the radio and looking on the internet. Her grandmother called us and so did my Momma with the updates..
There were no customers that day. There were lots of people flooding to the gas stations to fill their cars up..
I remember when I got home, My husband wanted me to go fill our gas tanks , so I did.
The images I saw on TV were like nothing I had ever seen before. We had the news on constantly.. Looking on the internet, taking in every little detail that we could hear about..
My husband was near New York..In the next few days, he said you could see the smoke and fires from the distance..

I'm sure some of those images will haunt us forever.. I haven't forgotten and I won't forget..

My prayers are with all of those who lost someone that day and for our nation that lost so much on that day..


12 comments:

Nancy said...

I remember that day, too. What a tragic day it was for so many families and also our country. Nice that you did a post on this to remind people NOT to forget.

(((((( HUGS ))))))

Unknown said...

It is said that out minds are like video recorders and there are tapes store in them that can replay every thing we see, hear, feel, even touch. It is usually not easy to retrieve those memories except for very special or traumatic events. For me, as for you, that September morning is one of those events.

Thank you for sharing your memories.

Nonnas News said...

I dont think we will ever forget how it felt that day, or forgot what we were doing and where we were when we got the horrible news. Great post!

Monogram Queen said...

Me either, I can still remember the fear and uncertainty... awful!

Cheryl Wray said...

It's one of those days that will forever be imprinted on my mind. It was so tragic, and I can still feel it like it was yesterday. (I actually blogged about it today too.)

Thanks for sharing your memories!

hippo chick said...

Dear Stephanie,

A fitting tribute. Thank you for sharing.

~hippo hugs~
Pam

Midlife Mom said...

It will be etched in my mind forever! Like you I know exactly where I was and what I was doing. May we never forget that day.

Diane said...

We were watching some special programming about the 9-11 attack last night and it was like it was happening all over again.

I remember the day like it was yesterday. We were on our way to Charleston, SC for Steve's post surgery follow-up appt. It was horrific.

Thanks for sharing.

Hugs,
Diane

Mary said...

Stephanie,

I will never forget that day as long as I live. I pray nothing like it ever happens again and my prayers are with the families of the victims.

Congratulations on the new arrival in the family. He is a sweetie.

Blessings,
Mary

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Yes, who could forget that infamous day in history when so many brave Americans lost their lives because of the fanatical and suicidal deeds of a few deranged people. God bless all those who survived that ordeal. Thanks for reminding us of 9-11. God bless you and your family always my friend.

Renie Burghardt said...

No, I haven't forgotten either, and never will.

Great post, Stephanie.

Hugs,

Renue

Nancy said...

There was a wonderful special on thew History Channel alst night about this....showed lots of foorage that was never shown before. Just so sad....still made me feel sick to my stomach that our country was invaded and so many lives lost that horrible day. I don't think we will ever be able to forget that awful day....

(((((( HUGS ))))))