Saturday, December 16, 2006

Happy Birthday, Momma!


On December 16, 1927.. My beautiful Momma was born.. She is in Texas, but I talk to her all the time.Hopefully, She will come to visit us in the spring. She doesn't like to travel in the winter..Too cold for her. I sent her a gift that arrived a few days ago.. I called her this morning... She is doing fine..


Mom, I found this poem for you..I hope you like it..


A Mother's Love Determines How....


A mother's love determines how

We love ourselves and others.

There is no sky we'll ever see

Not lit by that first love.
Stripped of love, the universe

Would drive us mad with pain;

But we are born into a world

That greets our cries with joy.
How much I owe you for the kiss

That told me who I was!

The greatest gift--a love of life--

Lay laughing in your eyes.
Because of you my world still has

The soft grace of your smile;

And every wind of fortune bears

The scent of your caress.


by Turlough O'Carolan

1 comment:

Cheryl Wray said...

So, so true!! A mother really shapes you into the kind of woman you become!! Sounds like yours is great!
Happy Birthday to Songbird's Mom!