Saturday, May 05, 2007

Visit Kiva.Org


By choosing a business on Kiva.org, you can "sponsor a business" and help the world's working poor make great strides towards economic independence. Throughout the course of the loan (usually 6-12 months), you can receive email journal updates from the business you've sponsored. As loans are repaid, you get your loan money back.
Kiva is a non-profit that allows you to make a small 0% loan to low income entrepreneurs in the developing world (microfinance). Individuals like you can help provide affordable working capital for the poor -- money to buy a sewing machine, livestock, etc. -- and empower them to earn their way out of poverty. The way I see it, I get a higher return on $25 helping someone build a future than the interest my checking account pays. Again, the link is wwww.Kiva.org. Thanks for reading! And feel free to spread the word!!
I got this from manbirdexperiment's blog.. Thanks Robert!
I'm trying to spread the word..

No comments: