Tuesday, January 01, 2008











Happy New Year, Sweet Peeps!




Last Night, My kids went to the skating rink for their New Years Skating Eve!.. I went to pick them up at 1AM...


It was te first time I have ever been alone on New Years's Eve.. I played on Radio Paradise, and watched the Twilight Zone Marathon. I had a pretty cool time myself.My husband was stuc in traffic in New York City. We called him, after I got the kids back home, and we had our New Years Toast with the kids, over the phone.. then we went to bed..


Today, I am making turnip greens and black eyed peas. This is a tradition that my Papaw Adams told me about, when I was a kid. We've always done it, for as long as I can remember. I'm not really one to believe in luck, but I do LOVE tradition!

The kids and I are starting a diet... We are counting calories, and we are getting a Gizelle exercise machine and the Ab-Lounger to help us..lol
I can't wait..
I hope all of you have a Wonderful 2008!..


Bunches of hugs!


3 comments:

Beanie said...

Happy New Year, my dear. 2008 is going to be better and more peaceful for all of us, I think.

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Hi Mississippi Songbird,
It's so sad that you were alone when the New Year came. You must have felt mixed emotions. Anyway, your kids were enjoying themselves in the skating rink and your husband was stuck in traffic and it was a good thing you did not brood over your being alone on New Year's eve and made yourself busy watching TV. What's important is that you're all united together in a common spiritual bond and no distance or space can separate you. Happy New Year again. God bless and have a wonderful and peaceful day in the US always.

Cheryl Wray said...

My mom has always made black eyed peas on New Year's Day too. Must be a Southern thing.

HAPPY NEW YEAR to you!!!!! I hope 2008 is a great one!