Thursday, July 31, 2008

Slow Cooking Thursday....with a Twist



Sandra at Family Corner hosts Slow-Cooking Thursday and this week, she said we could just use any recipe.. It doesn't have to be a slow cooker this week.. How about I'm slow moving to cook it..lol I'm late in posting it anyway, so call me a slow poke.. So here is my recipe for

Banana Pudding!.. I wanted to share it anyway, in case you hadn't dropped by my Watkins cooking blog, so this worked out well..



It's raining and lightning here, so I hope I don't lose power before I get this posted. Have a good evening...

Bunches of hugs.......


Banana Pudding




Ingredients:


5-6 bananas, sliced
1 bag of vanilla wafers1 tsp Watkins double strength vanilla
2 c. sugar
1/2 c flour
4 eggs separated ( save egg whites for topping)
3 cans pet milk
1 can sweetened condensed milk


Layer the dish with wafers then banana slices..
Mix the sugar, flour,eggs,vanilla and milks together and cook very slowly.When it's think like a gravy, pour over the layers of bananas and wafers.


Meringue:


Use 4 egg whites,

4 tablespoons sugar,

dash salt,

1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar

and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla to make meringue.


Spread banana pudding with meringue.


Brown in oven for about 3-4 minutes on broil( just until golden brown.. Watch constantly for a few minutes, make sure it doesn't burn!


Take out.. Chill or serve as is..



4 comments:

Sandra said...

Oh man, I'm literally holding myself from licking the screen LOL

This looks SO good, I've bookmarked it. But what is pet milk? LOL I'm sorry if it's a stupid question, I'm just confused.

threesidesofcrazy said...

Oh YUM, did I hear banana? This looks sooooooooooooo good. Thanks for sharing.

Cheryl Wray said...

Yumm, yummm...I LOVE banana pudding and this sounds almost identical to my Mom's recipe. I may have to make some soon!

Renee said...

This looks great! Thanks for sharing.

Renee'
http://rmboys2.wordpress.com/